Thursday, June 10, 2010

CCC 2010 Day 1 Session 1

....and so it begins. Hands were shaken, necks hugged, conversation had, and now for the purpose of the conference: a clear teaching of God's unmerited Grace. Opening up the conference manual entitled, A Scriptural Journey to Discover the Grace of God, we read about what Jesus said about Himself.
One thing that has always puzzled me, is why people would deny His deity, but yet, give accolades by saying Jesus was a wonderful teacher, and a valued prophet. Hmmm. Could it be that these well meaning folks never read what Jesus claimed about Himself? For instance, the Samaritan woman at the well, mentioned that she knew one day that "he" (The Messiah) would come and let them know all things. Jesus' response? "I am He". Now, this 'wonderful teacher" has claimed Himself to be the Messiah. How does that make for a 'wonderful teacher" if he's not truly the Messiah? Would a wonderful teacher announce that he is someone else if in fact he wasn't? Either A) he's a liar (not a criteria of being a good teacher) or B) entirely delusional. (another attribute not becoming of a good teacher) So what part of this makes for a 'good teacher'?? As C.S. Lewis said, we have 3 choices: we can think Jesus a liar, a lunatic, or indeed the Son of God. Merely a 'good teacher" isn't an option.

Another fine point today was during fellowship. Meeting up with my dear sister in Christ Paula, she inadvertently gave me the encouragement I needed. I asked how she was, and she admitted she wasn't as busy as she'd like to be, due to different health situations going on in her life for the past couple of years. She mentioned that she felt that God was fixing to do something "right around the corner", that she was growing weary of being inactive, but knew to trust God. She knew she was where God wanted her, and doing what God wanted her to do, even though to her, she felt like she wasn't "doing" anything. How did she know I was going through the same thing? In the past few weeks, I've had some well meaning Christians chid me for not being in a local assembly putting my musical talent to good use. They asked some questions I could not answer. "Why would God give you an obvious gift, only to tell you not to use it?" Made sense. Yet, there didn't seem to be any outlet I was comfortable with. Seemingly, God is 'fixing to do something' with that, as well. That thought made me uncomfortable for just a short time. For me to 'do something', seems to mean that I will have to leave the comfort of my Sunday mornings---tuning in to metrobiblefellowship.tv for 'church'. Then as Paula reminded me this evening... God's going to work it out--doesn't He always?

Stay tuned for Day 2 tomorrow evening!

3 comments:

  1. Now THAT is an encourgaging comment and fact for us allllll......."God's going to work it out...doesn't He ALWAYS?" I just love that and need to cling to that in ALL cirmumstances and don't we all have those circumstances. He will never leave us or forsake us and.....He WILL do it!!! Lisa, glad you saw your friend. And, btw, in every circumstance... when we "make our requests be known to God"... we gotta listen to the Holy Spirit's good counsel and adhere to His wisdom and will for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really needed that one too Aunt Lisa. Talk about feeling inactive, I am there, it seems, in every aspect. It seems I've been sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for what's right around the corner for the last few years. Going to our Niece and Nephews AWANA banquet and seeing all the people and youth I used to work with only made me long to be back in the middle of it. But then I was reminded of the reasons I was no longer there to begin with. Thank you for reminding us that God knows what He's doing and ALWAYS works it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you, Heather 'Rie. Yes.. you come from a family that has always been active in some 'good' cause. For us to NOT be involved, we can feel guilty if we're not careful. Like we're being slothful Christians. I guess we'll be fighting this mindset until we die. Least God reminds us that... after all lis said and done, The Lamb Wins :-)

    Pam, yes, we should remember it. Lots of times it's easier said than done, though. We mean well, but if just doesn't happen the way it should. So, we thank God that we're forgiven, and hope we trust Him more 'next time'. lol

    ReplyDelete