Friday, June 11, 2010

CCC 2010 Day 2 Ramblings

Today has been the most excellent day! The sounds of laughter ringing out from my boys was music to my ears. Listening to the laughter, then chuckles as we listened to Richard during the lecture just warmed my heart. As a mom, I often wonder, 'Are they GETTING it?? How can I tell without being pushy??" Casual conversations are letting me know that yes, they're getting it.
Mrs. Amy gave her testimony tonight. I swore to myself that I would NOT get emotional. I've heard it before... I should be desensitized, right? Wrong! I know I've heard this testimony many times before, but tonight was special. My boys were hearing it for the first time. I watched them listen. There were a few times that Ms. Amy shared a few humorous wit, but neither boy laughed or even chuckled. I thought at first that they didn't understand what she was saying due to the accent. But they assured me they understood her just fine. They didn't like the idea of a 3 year old baby was having to be left in a frozen house, all by herself, because of stupid, paranoid, arrogant politics. If you've not read Mrs. Amy's book, "Goodbye is Not Forever Please pick up a copy and give it a read. I guarantee it will have you on the edge of your seat, wondering what will happen next. Since Ms. Amy was at the conference tonight, you can infer that there's a relative "happy ever after" ending. What thrilled my heart the most, I think, was that my youngest son was talking with one of the local metro men, and he (my son) mentioned that he wanted a book signed by Mrs. Amy, but didn't have enough money. Well what do you think I did? I marched right down to that Book Store and purchased a copy. Gracious as always, Ms. Amy signed his book, and we made conversation for a few minutes. My son was totally enthralled that he now knew a published author!! I hope he really does read those books. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment