Friday, June 11, 2010

CCC 2010 Day 2 session 4

What a treat! We were privileged to have Richard deliver the lecture for session 4. The humor was appreciated by my boys, myself, and the rest of the conferees. It was a wonderful sound to hear my boys laughing at Richard's testimony in the form of anecdotes. This let me know that yes, they were listening, and not just zoning out.  He reminded me of a belief system I'd heard before, but forgotten about.
 Seems that a common teaching is that we're all simply born in some sort of neutrality, then later on, when we're old enough to know better, we have to make a choice: God or Satan? Somewhere on our life's road, we'll come to a fork in the road, and we'll have to choose. I used to believe that, as well, but it never dawned on me that I believed it, until I heard it verbalized. We're not born neutral, we're born Spiritually dead, and in need of life. The entire reason for Jesus coming was to give us life, and life more abundantly. Not a new set of rules to follow, or help following the rules the Jews already had. He came to give us Life. Who needs life? Dead people. So... apparently, as uncomfortable as it might be, the blatant truth is that all of the little babies born, are spiritually dead, and in need of life. Scripture after scripture after scripture was given, illustrating the point that we have total forgiveness, and therefore can now receive the life of Christ. We have to either accept these blunt statements as truth, or a bald face lie. No discrepancies. No ambiguous translations--we're forgiven. Period. Not will be, not can be, nor might be. Simply forgiven. Sad that after all that suffering Jesus did, the primary teaching is still that we're NOT forgiven, but need to have it doled out in increments as needed. Hogwash.

A real enjoyable treat tonight, as we listened to the clear teachings found in the New Covenant.

No comments:

Post a Comment